Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Praying for a Christmas Miracle...

What a busy day today.  I spent the first part of the day running errands, trying to do some Christmas shopping, then, well, I gotta be honest here, I did briefy get a manicure.  I will admit I am trying to be a reformed short nail girl.  I have placed myself on a strict regimen of gel manicures to promote nail length before Princess Grace comes home.  There are two reasons for this, first I rather enjoy a good hand massage and a few minutes break during these busy days, besides I am pretty sure I will have little time for this when the babies come home.  The second reason is I am trying to prepare myself for my girly girl coming home.  She loves clothes, nails, hair and all things girly.  As the manicurist carefully painted my nails I let my mind wander to the times when Grace and I will go together.

As for the rest of the day, it was spent cleaning out closets and throwing things away.  I would love to say that I have some impressive decorating feat that I accomplished, but mostly just tried to create room for new things and got myself covered in dust and Pledge.  However, I did get to use some power tools at one point mounting molly bolts, that was pretty exciting.

Mostly, I spent my time praying.  Asking God for a Christmas miracle.  Today, we are essentially at month 22 since beginning this journey.  We have had a total of three referrals, only two of whom are coming home, countless delays and crazy circumstances.  Now that we are nearing the end, we pray for a Christmas Miracle.  This step historically have taken families 2-8 weeks, however I heard last week of three families flying through in 9 days.  If that happened for us, we would be done with this step next Friday, right before Christmas.  Much as we would love things to work out that way and give us our perfect Hallmark holiday, we realize this is in His hands.  He has shown himself in so many ways through this adoption, the way the money came about, the constant communication through Zachary, the addition of Alex to our original plans, all of it...He will show himself again, whether it is a Christmas miracle or not, it will be His miracle and just as great.

No comments:

Post a Comment