Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Long Time...No Blog...

I guess at this point it is my time to turn myself in to the blogging police. I see I have not posted since January and honestly have just left our adoption followers hanging. No updates, no news. I am guessing at this point even my loyalest of followers have likely given up. The truth is, I nearly did too. We entered the ministry of the interior in the beginning of December. We exited ....wait for it..... Last week. We had umpteen frustrating delays each one more difficult to deal with than the last. I spent a lot of time in tears. I asked God over and over why?  I could not stand to hear the phrase,"in His timing". I could not stand to be asked over and over,"when are they coming?"  I smiled through gritted teeth while I heard phrases like,"why won't they let them come home? Don't they realize these children need homes?" Seven solid months of questions. Seven solid months of no answers.

Now....an answer. We are in passports hoping to exit there this week and on to the US Embassy. They get to come home then. It still seems a bit unbelievable and I guess it will until we make flight arrangements. During this time I heard the song "Everlasting God" quite a bit. The lyrics rang out,"Strength will rise as we wait upon The Lord."  Somehow lo these 7 months there were many times I was anything but strong. I was sad. I was angry. I missed the children so much I felt physical pain in my heart. However, I know today I am in fact stronger. I look at a close friend quite a bit behind us in the process. I saw her pain this week and was able to just know to encourage her. I spend a lot of time with Zachary, my 7 year old. I got to take the time to learn he felt left out of this. His heart needed time to prepare.  He needed time to transition from baby of the family to big brother. He is beginning to look at every situation and picture how Grace and Alex would fit in. As he prepares, I got his passport. He needs to come pick up his new brother and sister.  This is definitely something I would have missed if they were already home. As hard as this time has been, God's lessons in my life are coming to light, and yes, I am beginning to believe the strength has started to rise as I wait (albeit impatiently) on The Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that your wait - and the wait of your children is almost over! I still wonder often if I waited as well as I could have... and I just don't have an answer. It is an impossible situation as you aren't impatient for your own sake or your own time line as much as it is being impatient for these innocent children to come home and be in a real family. I look forward to walking these next months - and years with you as you start this next leg of the journey <3

    ReplyDelete