Friday, November 11, 2011

Bitter Sweet News

I guess this is the valley in the roller coaster ride of our adoption.  Today, I got a call from our coordinator.  Nate was reclaimed by his birth mother.  She simply could not live without him any longer.  As disappointed as I am, I must say that having a child who is this loved is truly one of life's blessings.  In my three previous adoptions, there were no birth mothers involved.  They had simply abandoned their children, or in one of my children's case, had chosen to continue her alcohol addiction and allow my child to be removed from her home.  Life is different for Nate.  His birth mother cannot face another day without him.  When I think about it, I am not certain that I could carry a child for nine months, raise him in my home for two years and simply walk away with the knowledge he would go to another country and I would never see any of his firsts.  The first time he walked, the first tooth to fall out, the first day of school.  I realize they live a meager existence and probably the conditions he will return to are nothing like he would have here, but he will be with the person who loves him best of all.  In that, I must believe is God's plan. 

As to what comes next...we are still very excited for Alex.  We are ever grateful that we were faithful to God's nudging so we have our beautiful boy to focus on during this time.  We are also spending a lot of time in prayer.  We are still approved for two children and we are waiting to see if another child is in God's plan for us.  Thank you to all of our friends and family that have remained faithful to us.  We love you all.

1 comment:

  1. As you already know, we are praying for you all during this time...love to you! Angie

    ReplyDelete