Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another amazing person God placed in my path....

There are times on my blog I feel a bit like a broken record. I feel like lately I am constantly surprised at the amazing people God places in my life. Today, was no exception. First, however, I feel that a little background is in order. I have mentioned before that we moved to West Virginia two and a half years ago. At the time we were in a difficult period. First, we had three deaths of close family members in the course of 15 months. When we lived in Ohio, we lived less than a mile from my mother-in-law and my husband's aunt. Next door to them, my husband's brother and his wife and children. The ten of us spent a great deal of time together. We went to church and occupied a whole pew. Our children went to the same school. We had Sunday dinner, it was great. Then, my mother-in-law died, a brain hemorrhage. A year later, my husband's aunt died of heart disease, and three weeks later my sister-in-law from a freak accident. We were left reeling. We spent the next two years grieving, robotically going through life meeting day to day obligations. The, the crowning blow. Tim's job was getting iffy due to the economy and a fierce nuclear pharmacy market in Ohio. This led to the day he simply looked at me and said,"Hey honey, want to move to West Virginia?"

OK, hold the phone, had he lost his mind? It seemed crazy, that is until God made it clear we were to go. I can see now so many things that came to us as a result. He found us a huge house for a little house price. Why did we need this? Now we know. Two more babies. On and on, the money, the adoptions just making sense. All of it. I was telling someone just today, when things happen anymore I just laugh and know God is making life happen for us in His image. To be honest, I personally never could have pulled any of this off alone.

So, on to the person of my day. This is a person I knew. Her and her husband have a love for Haiti and have lived there as missionaries over the years. I always talk to them about their latest project as our church sends teams with her husband multiple times a year. I guess I always got so excited talking about their projects and our adoptions, that I never put together what the wife did for a living. She runs a Christian day care. I do need child care when the babies come home a couple days a week. So, by now you must be thinking well cool, she found day care. Yes, that is cool, but I did not mention she is fluent in creole. That's right, a creole speaking Christian day care run by someone who has dedicated her life to Haiti right here in West Virginia. Gracie will be almost 3 when she comes home and here I have been handed people who can love her and communicate with her right when she arrives. I had talked to her before church tonight and during service as we were singing,"Here I am to Worship" I just leaned over to Tim and said,"creole speaking day care, in West Virginia". We just smiled at one another and knew who was in charge here, and agreed we were in fact, here to worship.

It was also through all of this amazement that I knew all the grief and robotic going through life after all the loss, that God had this all along. He had such big plans for us even though all we could see then was grief. What I also wonder is, at that time it was hard to look for God, yet he moved us, as we are intentional about seeking out His plan at this point, what comes next? I am not sure, but I am sure it will be quite the ride.

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing, Amy! So excited for you - and so amazing for your kids to still be exposed to the language of their country. God is pretty amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. So very cool. God is bigger and more detailed than we ever thought He could be! : )

    ReplyDelete