Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Imprints Part 2

A few blogs ago, I likened my Haitian babies to my dining room table. I felt that all the nicks and scratches in my table were the imprints of my current children. The dents where Zacharybliked to bang his forks, the melted wax where Jack, who likes candles at dinner had some wax spill over one day, on and on, each mark reminding me of some event that left an imprint on my heart. I felt that my Haitian babies are busy now making their own imprints. God has work for them in Haiti right now in who they come in contact with and how they affect other people before they come to this forever family. At the time, it was a theory. Today, it is a reality.

Yesterday, I received a Facebook message from a friend of a friend. She was in Haiti last year at this time and had fed and held a newborn Alex. She sent me a newborn photo of herself holding my babies with words about him melting her heart. There it was. He had affected another person by just having her feed him. She expressed that it was good to see him again and to hear about his adoption. I felt her love and support for him to have found his forever family. There are times this wait is frustrating, ok most of the time, lol! It was nice to know that the children really are leaving their imprints in Haiti.

That being said, I find it overwhelming. This person held my son one warm January afternoon and she never forgot it. He was only two weeks old, unable to speak or communicate. He was simply able to quietly suck from a bottle, yet had such a huge impact on another person. It makes me wonder what impact he will make on us when he spends more than an afternoon with us and has the full power of speech. I have a feeling that we cannot even begin to dream up what Alex has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment