Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hoping for News...

The last week as I said in the last post, has been just draining. The good news is Nate is better. He had a scary episode with a fever, but was doing well as of Friday. The fever scared me as one of my fellow mama blanc's is trying to cope with her child in a Haitian hospital suffering from meningitis. He is so ill, yet we have no way of really knowing how he is. She is going to Haiti Tuesday. Through it all, I have spoken with her many times trying to impart medical information with limited return info and just trying to support her. Through that I saw something inspirational. She wants to go to Haiti to see her baby of course, but she has taken this time to champion the cause of all of the orphans. Sh has broadcasted the needs of the orphanage and is using this difficult trip to be a blessing to the other children. She is bringing supplies and trying to meet the needs she can through the grave illness of her baby. Through her grief she reached out to me to see what she could do to bring my own little sick baby home. I gave her some questions I really needed answered and she is on that fact finding mission.

My other mama Blanc friend is traveling too and is bringing my babies a proper mama hug from me, plus something worth more than gold right now...pictures. It is through these awe inspiring acts that I am learning that maybe this long and painful wait is really God's plan to teach us how to be a blessing to someone else. I decided to take my wait and try to maneuver my travelto Haiti to include a long overdue visit with my mom as she moves through her chemo. It turns out I stumbled on amazing airfare out of Chicago. Now, just to get the word to put that plan into action. Until then, I will live out this week being ever grateful to my mama Blanc friends who are taking time out of their own time with their babies to make my wait just a little simpler. I cannot wait to return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment