Sunday, October 23, 2011

Out of the mouth of...Zachary

It has come to the attention of Tim and I that our six year old Zachary, seems to know things. He told us a year and a half ago, long before Haiti was on the table, that God was sending him a brother. One that was his size and brown. There have been several other things he seems to know. He told me once he remembered sitting with God and making people. He described making people of all colors with straight hair and curly hair and that when they were done, they were really tired. He was 4 at the time. I asked if they had talked about creation in Sunday school, his teacher had said no. So, although it doesn't happen often, we have learned to listen when Zachary talks about God.

Today, I was puttering around in the kitchen doing my prep work for the dinners this week. He was sitting at my bar playing Lego's when he began to talk about Abraham and Sarah. He said, "see mom, everyone told her she was too old and she had a baby." he seemed to have a good understanding of their lives, and the story. He had learned it today in Sunday school. I stopped what I was doing and sat down with him. I hugged him tight and he smiled. I told him this was my favorite story. It reminded me that all this waiting and my advanced age, I am 41, meant nothing in God's plan. The babies were coming, if I can just be faithful and carry on, just like Sarah. Leave it to Zachary, at his ripe old age of 6 to have just the right message. I returned to my puttering, but pausing now and then to watch him with his Lego's and wonder if he had any idea what a treasure from God he truly is.

1 comment:

  1. I love that story - about creating people! And that he knew he was going to have a brother... so cool.

    ReplyDelete