Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Tough Choice

The last few days have been laden with ups and downs. On Monday night we heard Nate was very sick. His hemoglobin was dangerously low and the Red Cross in Haiti was out of blood. It occurred to me at that time it was time to trust God. There was nothing for me to do in this situation. I could not magically produce blood even if I were there. God showed up, and showed off. Nate survived the night and sent some friends to our coordinator to donate their own blood so Nate could survive. He is better little by little. This has led us to make some tough choices. We have split his adoption off from Alex. He is much further along in the process and cannot wait until Alex is ready to go any further. Our coordinator estimates that would delay Nate's homecoming by about six months. He nearly died this time, I am not sure waiting for a next time would be best.

So, here I sit, anxiously awaiting another email from our coordinator. Our lawyer is checking on things and we are hoping that we are nearly out of social services so I will have the feat joy and privilege to travel to see my babies. I need to hold my Nate and praise God that he was spared. I need to hold Alex again. Last time I held him he was God's little orphan, this time I get to hold him and tell him I am his mama. I think somehow through this frightening time, I have received several gifts. First, I get to see my babies soon. I wasn't otherwise going to see them until at least January. Second, with them coming home months apart, I will have plenty of time to enjoy each baby as they come home. Here is to hoping I can go soon!

1 comment:

  1. Praying the same for you--that you can go soon! Also praying for Nate's health. Today was much to sad and scarey--he needs to be in the US as soon as he can!

    ReplyDelete