Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Little News...

One of my fellow Mama's Blanc described the emotions that go along wth seeing our orphanage director's name in the address of a new email. There is excitement...would there be good news? There is anxiety...what if the news was bad? On and on it goes. I have been waiting to hear from her for more than a week now. I had several questions, mostly administrative in nature. Finally, today, it all came together. She had received our latest round of paperwork and today, just today, had finally been able to push full steam ahead on our beautiful little Alexander. His papers will join Nate's and we are moving inside Haitian Social Services. That is a very unpredictable process. With Nate I sweated out every day, then we were suddenly done right after we accepted Alex's referral. Pretty quick really. I am hoping Alex's will be just as swift. Now, I can finally hit the pause button again and put this adoption back into play mode. I feel like with the paperwork delay and the decision to bring home Alex, that we have been paused forever.

I would love to say that I was angry about the delay. Say that somehow the time was wasted and now the children are older. I honestly cannot say that. God used that time to tap us on the shoulder and give us the blessing of little Alex. One day, I will look at him asleep in his crib and be able to think I could not imagine my life without him in it. I also think God has big plans for these two boys. Those plans could not have been carried out had we zipped through Nate's adoption ignoring God's plan for Alex, or the blessings he will bring our family.

Now I only hope that things will keep moving. The minute we are done in social services we get to go see our babies again!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you got great news! : ) Now, we all need to see a photo of little Alex on this blog right near Nathanael's! Bless you for being open to God's leading. Maybe we'll get to Haiti together one of these days...wouldn't that be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete