Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A little forward motion

This has been an odd week. It seems like all the sudden a break. I should back up I suppose. Starting with Sunday. We went to church, and my husband plays keyboards in the praise band. So, I stood listening to the first few lines of the opening song, when I was joined by a friend if mine. This person is just, well, amazing. She has lived through some very hard times, things I could not imagine. She developed her faith and never gave up. Now, here she is, a wonderful husband, who has struggled in the past as well, but flourishing relying on God. I selfishly was glad when the nursery called her to get her beautiful daughter Zoey. That meant I got to worship next to this gorgeous child. She is only about five months old, chubby and cute, and on this day wearing a crocheted beanie type hat with a huge flower in the front. Somehow playing with Zoey helps me to see no matter how hard life is, in particular this adoption process, two beautiful babies await. Tim finished playing and joined us for the sermon. It was there that I saw it. The little glances at the baby, the little twinkle in Tim's eye and the little nudges he kept giving me so I would see Zoey smile or reach for something. It was then I realized Tim was ready for his babies to be a part of our family too. I could feel his excitement.
That was fun to watch. Somehow also I knew in that moment we would have news soon. Sure enough, Monday, the minute I finished my blog, another email!! Our lawyer in Haiti moved some kind of mountain and was able to combine our babies' adoptions and they will from this point on be processed together. Not only that, they will come home together. Wow. This makes it so much better for so many reasons. Less trips, less expense, Gracie home much sooner, on and on...

OK, so yes, it did dawn on me I will have two children under three fifteen months apart descending on my home at the same time. However, those concerns pale to my excitement. Now, to wait for a dean appointment. That will be amazing, as we get to go see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment