Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Person in My Path

How many times have I blogged about a certain person who crossed my path that day and just seemed to be an answer to prayer? Well today, I had another such experience. I have two brothers. My mother had three children in 28 months, two boys, then me. My brother one year older and I have always had an interesting relationship. As children, we fought like cats and dogs. I never thought the day would come that he would leave for college. That would be great I always thought. Then, he left. Inside of two weeks, I missed him terribly. After that, we had such fun together. There was the time my senior year he called my high school and had the secretary get me out of class for a "family emergency". When I came to the phone, he just laughed on the other end and asked me if the secretary looked angry. It turns out he did not care for her due to previous pranks when he was a student there. There was the time he told me he would treat me to pizza late one night and after a full meal he instructed the waitress to give me the bill and drove off in the car laughing at me through the restaurant window. He came back pretty fast, but that is who he is, quite the prankster. Into adulthood, I started to really appreciate his sense of humor and really, he is quite possibly one of the wisest people I know. He does not lecture, or advise, he listens and usually shares something amazing at the end.

Today, he texted me to remind me of an anniversary of a turning point in his life. I won't share all the gory details, but I had an front row seat to said event. We joked about the craziness involved in all of that but the reality is that trial helped shape this amazing man. Today, I was sharing my frustration in the wait of this adoption. He listened very patiently to all my babblings and gave me the reminder that I needed. That was that this is my time for God to teach me something. When I get it learned they will be home. In that moment I was able to think about really bringing God's plan into focus.

I will admit, through this blog I do look for things God is trying to teach me, however I also spend a great deal of time scouring my email looking for any little glimmerif update from Haiti. Dying for travel dates, missing my babies. If I had to put a percentage on it I would say looking for God's lessons to me:30%, scouring email: 70%. I think I need to make that like 98/2. I need to look at email, but not to the exclusion of God's lesson. So, oh wise brother of mine, your patience of listening to my ramblings has once again delivered the message I needed to hear. I am thankful that God put you in my path today.

No comments:

Post a Comment