Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Elmo!

The last few days this adoption is just dragging. Well, dragging more than usual. I checked the USCIS website only to see our case can't be tracked online. Then, I can't even get a handle on how long it will be. Then, I never did get an answer from our orphanage director that she got our wire transfer. Then, all at once...news.

Early this morning I got an email from our orphanage director. She finally got the transfer we sent a week ago. Something about her account changing. Anyway, she did let me know our paperwork is officially cleared the attorney and is now in ISBER, Haitian Social Services. I was just really glad she got it filed before she left. She is coming here for a visit next week. After e-mailing back and forth over adoption business, the one thing I wanted. She shared with me that Nate was working very hard to tap dance with Elmo this morning and it looked so cute! It just told me he was a Summers already! Tim plays many instruments and sings beautifully, Katya is an amazing percussionist who was section leader in the band, and plays in a teen praise band. Tim plays in the adult praise band too. I guess he will take after them. As for me and Jack, we love music, just a little shy on the talent side. Zachary loves music too, but we a not sure if he will live it out like his big sis.

As far as Elmo is concerned, that too made me smile. There is a certain Sesame Street DVD, that is legendary in our home. I think all five of us could sing it in it's entirety. It is "Sesame Street Sings". We owned it on VHS when Katya and Jack came home. In fact, I think it is how Katya learned English. She loved it and watched it over and over. When Zachary came we knew we just had to have it on DVD. He loved it too. Now, we will take it to Haiti to share with Nate who apparently already is a fan. It just reminds me one more time of God's perfect plan. Nate is becoming that missing puzzle piece to fit into our family just the way he was supposed to. Now, if this process would just hurry along!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So glad to hear you are officially in IBESR. Hopefully your time in that step is really fast.

    ReplyDelete