Thursday, July 7, 2011

Once again, more revealed

Again, I am amazed at how small Tim and I are becoming in this process. As I said before, I had thought Nate was our blessing. Our little gift from God as his name suggests. Then I learned about his mother and I was humbled that we would be the answer to her prayer. Today, I find myself humbled yet again. I had understood that we were staying at a guest house. There would be care takers who would cook our breakfast and dinner. I thought these were probably people trying to make ends meet by caring for us and other visitors. Wrong again. Today I found out the house is run by a wonderful couple, Willem and Beth Charles. Beth is American and Willem is Haitian. He has taken his small village from poverty and voodoo to thriving Christianity and a love of God. He started a church and a school and has so many studying the word of God, both literate and illiterate. So many new believers, so amazing. There is a book written about him by Andrew Dewitt. It is called "Give Your Best.". Of course I ordered it immediately.

As I waded through the Amazon site, I reflected on this new information. I thought about this amazing man of God and his wife and the work that they have done. Beth will not be there for our visit as she will be stateside. Willem will be. He speaks three languages and has brought thousands to Christ, yet he will make two meals a day for me and Tim. He will open his home to us to spend time with Nate and really I think he will have much to teach us. Another stop in God's journey for us and Nate. Somehow it makes it a bit easier to be patient knowing that God has more for us to learn before he comes home. I am beginning to wonder what comes next. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy - this is Denise - the one who took pictures of your little Nate in May :) I thought I had lost your email, then accidentally found it again today which led me here. I had actually tried to email you back 3 or 4 times, but it kept being rejected :( Did you ever get an email from me with a "story" about Nate? If not, contact me again at nausfamily. yahoo. com (no spaces). BTW, Willem and Beth employ some wonderful cooks, so Willem himself will probably not be cooking for you (which is probably a blessing as his mother was gifted at cooking cat!!). The food there is wonderful :) I can't wait to hear about your trip in Aug!

    ReplyDelete