Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another milestone...

Well, we did it. The plane tickets are bought. It took some coordinating with the other family going but in the end, the tickets we ended up with were by far better than anything I had seen online. We originally were braced for a staggering 3 layover journey each way. It was the best I saw over the weeks of watching the fares. Then, out of the blue, on the American site, which previously had been very expensive, was a flight direct to Miami, a brief layover then Port Au Prince. We arrive in PAP a full 2 hours earlier than planned. God must figure we need to see Nate the moment we arrive. Hopefully that is a possibility.

Otherwise, I remain on pins and needles about our documents. They left PAP for deliver Friday morning at 9:00. They haven't been delivered yet. We were told it would be 7/5 for delivery, but tip am wondering why it takes two days to deliver from PAP. It is only a 45 minute drive. Nonetheless, I think I will just focus on that 7/5 date and try not to worry. Lol!

I did have fun this afternoon though. I started looking at the slowly growing Nate pile in my room and ended up pulling out a suitcase to start packing up orphanage odds and ends and Nate clothes. I wasn't totally sure what size he was so I bought several sizes. I am hoping to leave what doesn't fit with the orphanage. Surely someone can wear it. I even went out and got diapers and wipes as requested. The suitcase is about a third full. Now I have just 6 weeks to fill it all the way up. Next stop...formula, another huge need there. I have to say, the purchases today were not all business...at my daugter's suggestion, I got a huge bubble wand. It should make bubbles as big as his head. I have a photo of him playing with bubbles, so I can't wait to share that! All I can say is that hopefully next fourth of July there will be another Summers American to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment