Thursday, July 28, 2011

Vacation!

Every year we gather up my brother and his family and my sister-in-law's family and hit Norris Lake in Tennessee. We are there right now. All week we have been boating, swimming, tubing and generally enjoying some great meals as sew take turns trying to outdo one another in the kitchen. I must say, I was pretty proud of my satay one night and lasagna rolls another. Nonetheless, it has left Tim and I with some much needed time for reflection and actual discussion between the two of us. Together we read Giving Your Best, the story of Willem Charles who will be our host. We learned a great deal about the Haitian people and culture as well as the notion of sacrifice for the honor and glory of God. We began to once again realize we have much to learn with this process as God really isn't done with us yet! Started to discuss what more we could do. In the midst of our enthusiasm I received an email asking if I would consider examining the children who have recently arrived to the orphanage. That sent me out to assemble some medical things, bandaids, triple antibiotic ointment, desitin, etc... Now I am nervous, hoping I can do them justice. I do work at the pediatric hospital in the ER, but there I have lots of back up, in Haiti I won't.

In other news, I got an email from my mom today. She had found the perfect book for Nate. It was everything he needed to know before he turned five. She was quite proud of the illustrations, and it reminded me of how nice it is to have her as my biggest cheerleader.

Two weeks and counting until we meet Nate!

No comments:

Post a Comment