Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bloggers Block Broken...

I decided tonight that I was just not blocked in my blogging world, I was blocked period. I felt frozen in time unable to do anything. I think it was the grief of losing Nate and the lack of any word on Alex, and just flat out frustration with it all. Then, today I went to church as I do every week, only this time it was one of those times when the sermon was tailor made for me. It was on waiting. It referenced Christmas, but the bigger picture talked about being patient for God. I guess I hadn't realized Jesus' birth was foretold hundreds of years before. Hundreds of years! This struck a chord with me as I realized my anger, grief and frustration was equivalent to a period of months. When would Alex come home? June or July? Would it be later....ok, really? I miss him and it is awful being away from him, but maybe, just maybe there is something I need to learn from the wait, or something I need to be shown in the wait. Another phrase in the sermon was,"we need the wait.". As hard as it is, I think that is true too. I sent the afternoon quietly digesting all of this. I wanted it my way, bring him home now, then tonight I went back for evening service. A friend was playing the music, my husband had played this morning, so we went back to see him and some other friends. Wouldn't you know, a song was played that was not played this morning. "Everlasting God". Believe I blogged that a while back,"strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord."

I had forgotten. I had forgotten God's plan, surrending this adoption to Him. Grief had taken hold and soured things a bit. So, here I sit, blog almost complete and batteries starting to be recharged. Geez, if this keeps up I just may be able to purchase sippie cups again!

1 comment:

  1. That's good news, Amy. I often think of how long God waits for us to come to him - or of the many people He has created who might never come to Him while He is longing to hold them... we are living a piece of God's life in this wait. The wait can be turned into blessing if we allow Him too. Hope that makes sense... it's very late and I should be sleeping :)

    ReplyDelete