Sunday, November 25, 2012

Strength

The news out of Haiti this weekend was not good. Grace's mother has tried to come for her court appointment once already and it was cancelled. First it was Hurricane Sandy throwing a tree literally in front of the vehicle my coordinator was driving, then the court was closed all together. Then, there was some cell issues after the storm and they could not get a hold of her. Last week a man was paid to make the trek to her village to tell her to come. She was told, I had understood she was to come last week, but yesterday I heard they are still waiting on her. We have been stuck in this phase of our adoption for four months, while other families have long since moved on.

I keep hearing the song "Everlasting God". It starts,"strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord.". I have to say, I don't really feel stronger, just frustrated and impatient.  So, to combat this I began to concentrate on other times in our lives we were asked to wait. There was the infertility. Each month seemed like torture. Then, our first adoption. We waited through that. I learned at that time that the infertility was necessary for God to bring us to adoption. Waiting through the first adoption was difficult, but in later years it made another adoption seem feasible, when we felt the call again. Having a younger child, as Zachary is 10 years younger than his next sibling opened the door for us to consider these Haitian adoptions so he would have siblings closer to him in age. I guess I could say through the previous waits I learned to be confident in the process and paperwork and dispel any worries I had about bonding with an adopted child, and this time children of a different race.

I suppose I will just have to see what this torturous wait is preparing me to do. One thing I can count on though is He is, just as the song says, the everlasting God. So, praying this everlasting God will show us some mercy this week and bring Grace's mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment