Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Time to Nest

Seven years ago, my mother-in-law passed away. As terrible as it was, we were able to take our inheritance and adopt Zachary. It is funny, but at times he will tell me he misses her, "Nana" is what she was called. He never met her, however somehow it is as if he knows her. There are many things about Zachary that just leave me to not question.  There are just things he knows that could not really be of this world.  Given his love of Jesus that oozes out of him at times that lead us to believe there is certain knowledge he has that we don't.

Anyway, the second part of her passing was her house.  We inherited it jointly with my brother -in-law. We have had years of renters, failed sales, maintenance and headaches. Our current renter has been "getting a mortgage", well, it has now been 3 years. It has been difficult to not be frustrated with the endless delays. Today, we heard we are closing next Thursday. Seven years of waiting, and it will be done. The money is coming right at the right time. In time for our last adoption payment, and in time for me to nest.

Time to do things that cannot be taken back.   I have a bedroom to paint pink with Princess Tiana stick ups, plus the enormous castle stick up!  I have another room to put bunk beds in and overhaul into the Angry Birds room I mentioned before. Yes, it is time to pull out all the stops and prepare. I mentioned the other day not committing my whole heart, well as of next Thursday it is time to start down the path of committing my whole self to my future babies. I think to mark this new chapter, I will start with a whole gallon of pink paint.

2 comments:

  1. Eeeek! That's exciting, Amy. I remember painting Amara's room pink and green. So hopeful yet still feeling like I might jinx it by doing it... and it turned out beautifully. Not nearly as beautiful as the little girl sleeping in there a few weeks later though. I'm so glad every thing is coming together in just the right time :)

    ReplyDelete