Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Documents on the way!

Today we reached my favorite milestone in the adoption process. The part where all the documents have been assembled and are winging their way to Haiti. This was no small feat. Had been visiting family out of town and when I heard the documents were back from the consulate instead of lingering over breakfast we hit the road and got home. I raced in the door, assembled the final docs,then off to Kinko's. Really, making copies sounds simple enough until you consider five copies of each document collated and organized. I was so grateful to Jack, who at fifteen helped me do all of it while his little brother ever so patiently played on the iPad. The whole deal took us almost two hours to finish. Through the flurry of it all, at one point early on I looked up to see another child had approached Zachary. It was odd because there really wasn't anyone else there but us. The child was black and resembled Nate quite a bit. The boys immediately hit it off and began talking and playing. He was only there a few moments when his mom came and they left the store. Later Zachary said,"did you see him? It was Nate all grown up like me." the funny thing was Jack had already said,"see mom? That's what it will be like when Nate is home. I bet they play like that." The copy process was grueling, but somehow that made it much easier, one of God's little messenger to help us through.

When we finished there, it was off to a different place to mail everything DHL. That went off without a hitch and now we sit, officially in the waiting phase. So many unknowns at this point. Will the documents clear social services in the four to five months suggested? Will they get lost? Will the laws change? I decided, well truth be told, prayed a lot and decided, that really none of that is going to change me seeing my little Nate on August 12. Quickly approaching no matter what our documents are doing. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment