Sunday, September 18, 2011

Praying today...

Today is definitely a day to pray. Tomorrow marks the official start of my mom's battle with breast cancer. She has spent a month being scanned, poked, prodded, biopsied and thoroughly worked up all leading to tomorrow. She will have a mastectomy followed by radiation and possibly chemo. We have had the privilege of having lots of conversations about life, the past, and the future. She is committed to dancing at Nate's wedding. Considering he is only two and not home yet, she is going to have to fight hard. It touches my heart that he is already such a big part of her already and she has never met him. It strengthened my resolve to get that paperwork moving despite my disappointment in the delay. Hopefully, the paperwork will arrive tomorrow. Then it is yet another push to the consulate for the stamp.

So, as I said, today is a day to pray. It is a good thing I am still doing my forty days of prayer and fast. I can only hope that through this tough time of delays and cancer God will quiet my anxious heart and reveal what comes next. Until then, good luck Mom, I love you.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear this, Amy. Praying for amazing healing and great recovery for her.

    ReplyDelete