Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back on the Horse...

I guess the blogging has gone a bit slow this week. The fact is, there was nothing going on. In fact, frustratingly nothing. I sent numerous emails and a variety of inquiries about things and nothing happened. No one answered, nothing happened. It was then I was once again reminded of the reality of international adoption. Tim actually talked about it today describing it as white knuckling it through the expeience completely at the mercy of other people. Of course, today was Sunday and I was off to church before a very long day in the trauma center. The message today was on trusting God. One of the points was realizing who God was and what He was capable of. Just the reminder I needed.

I spent my ride home planning on how to get back on the adoption horse and get to work. I have it all organized in my head on how I plan to spend my day off tomorrow. There are emails to send and papers to do, and my most important job....looking for the perfect gift for baby Nate. I want to leave him something when we go. I want something snuggly that he can keep with him, an animal, a blanket something. I haven't found it yet, but I will. Tomorrow I have a couple stores picked out to look at, so am hoping for a successful day. For now, am trading my frustration for moving ahead. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment