Monday, May 23, 2011

Sippie Cups

What did my getting on the horse again mentality get me today? Simply this. Sippie cups. I spent some time getting lost in the aisles of Target trying to figure out what I could get for Nate. I loved the look and feel of the baby blankets but none of them struck me as just the right one for my baby. I poured over all of the baby gifts and gadgets, but not knowing when he will come home, I didn't really know what to do. Today, however, was the day I was not going to give in to frustration and impatience. It was then that I saw it. The Cars sip pie cups. The ring of the lid was a tire, and they were leak proof. I decided it didn't matter when he came home, he needed cups. Then I poured over the toddler plates, as mine are a bit worn, but they only had the cheap ones. The reality was, I wasn't giving up my cups, so now I have a new quest...toddler plates. I realize this is all moot at this point and I really don't need them for a while, but it keeps my mind busy and gives me a sense of moving forward.

Target was also the place I saw it. A solitary red braided leather bracelet. There were none like it anywhere, just one on the rack. It was perfect. Our adoption is linked to the Red Thread Promise. They get their name from a Chinese proverb that states there is a silken red thread of destiny that links us to another person somewhere in the world. The string can be stretched or even tangled, but never broken. It is how I feel about Nate, tethered to me as only a child can be. I bought my perfect bracelet and plan to wear it until he comes home. It does strike me that there were no others like it in any color. I think God just wanted to remind me, he's coming. So, getting on the horse was definitely worth it, after all, I now have sippie cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment