Friday, May 13, 2011

Nesting...

Yesterday I was a little restless. I was busy doing paperwork and sifting through some stuff when I got preoccupied with making a photo album. With each adoption I have made a little photo album to leave with each child between trips. I put in pictures of the family so that the kids would have some familiarity with us. With Katya, I was allowed to leave one picture. I left a photo of Tim and I that hung in her orphanage room until we came back to get her. It was tattered and worn and she couldn't wait to take it down and take it home. With Zachary, I left a toddler photo album which I never saw again. Nonetheless I wanted to make one for Nate. Jack helped me sift through our digital pics and print them off and get them all organized. I then spent the night looking at beds online for him. I had this overwhelming urge to get it all done right that minute. Finally it dawned on me. I was nesting. I realize that this is some well documented pregnant woman hormanal thing, but I am here to say, this adoptive mom has never been pregnant, but have nested each and every time. With Katya and Jack, it involved stenciling Beatrix Potter characters on the wall of the nursery until the wee hours months before they came home. With Zachary it was Noah's Arc, and painting for days. Really it makes me smile. So, I say, forget research, hormone levels and documentation. Us adoptive mom's nest too!

What next? I'm thinking a bedding concept. The current working theme is under the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment