Friday, May 6, 2011

Homestudy!

So, today the social worker came. We had only met via email so I was nervous all day. I found myself polishing he stainless steel on the fridge and wiping off the bottom of the door of the pantry as if somehow this would be a deal breaker. As Tim so eloquently put it,"Honey, she is not going to turn us down because she sees a strand of dog hair." but still....

So, I was prepared two hours early compulsively finding things to wipe down when I got a call. It was Brenda, the social worker. She was early! I told her to come on over. When she arrived I suddenly knew all would be well. She was warm and caring, and at the same time so excited for us. She knew the INS and outs of all the latest immigration requirements and we got through it all with ease. By the time we were done I felt like she was family.

We then spent the evening at a japanese steakhouse as a family laughing at the chef cooking our food and enjoying the show. I couldn't help but to look at the empty chair next to Tim and visualize what our little Nate would look like there. Hopefully that chair will not stay empty for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment