Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finally getting to the good stuff!!!!

WOW!!!  That is really all I can say about this day so far...you know, it really takes me by surprise every time God shows up and really shows off.  So many things were fixed today.  First, our youngest child, who is 5, his teacher called us in for a conference.  I am not sure how other parents deal with this, but even after two other children and numerous conferences, it never gets any easier.  I spent my night in worry, got nervous as I entered the building, and was just thrilled to have Tim by my side.  We were met with the wide grin of the teacher who opened by saying,"I just have to brag about Zachary!!"  She outlined that in January, he was at the very bottom of where he should be for reading.  Now, he is off the charts well above average.  She was amazed at how quickly he had progressed and beamed with pride.  I must admit, she was not the only proud one.  Then, an amazing zumba class.  It was a new one for me.  I got nervous when the instructor was actually latin and was about a size 2.  Nonetheless, it was so fun!!!  I then got the closest space at Target, that never happens.  As if it couldn't get better, I found it.  The toy for Nate.  The thing I had been looking for.  It was a bear.  Not just any bear.  Courdoroy.  My favorite story as a child.  It was about a bear who was left on a department store shelf for a long time until a little girl came and adopted him.  He was worried no one would like him because he was missing a button.  She told him she loved him anyway, and fixed his button so his pants would stay up.  I guess that is how I feel about Nate.  I love him no matter what color his skin is, or that he has a small scar on his face.  In my mind he is perfectly made and I can't wait to be with him.

Then, the big news....I went to the mailbox.  Inside was the money.  Not just a little bit, but enough to cover the adoption and my maternity leave, and still extra.  I was thrilled.  Stepping out on faith was so scary.  I was anxious, frustrated and at times downright doubtful.  I would cry as I prayed that we were doing what was right, now I know we are. 

On to the next steps.  I should be hearing any day when we can go see him.  Hopefully, I can be a little more patient for that news!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment