Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Finally...news.

Today, I got to spend more time talking with the other mom I recently connected with. It turns out we have more and ore in common. I shared we were studying Proverbs. I hoped the wisdom of Solomon would somehow exude itself in me. One can dream right? It turns out she recently studied Proverbs too. She was working on peace. We both have Bible study groups we belong to also. It really was a blessing to share frustrations of this process with someone who completely understands. So, to my new friend, thank you.

As I relished through this, a email! It is such a good thing my cell phone is always in reach, I don't miss a beat. Today, I heard I can travel after August 7. I have been sifting through travel sites looking at airfare when another email came. It contained every adoptive mother's favorite phrase,"Nate's health is stable.". After months of hospitalizations, diarrhea, anemia, transfusions and downright scariness, he is OK. I must admit, the selfish sideof me is thrilled he is fine. Now we can play when I go see him. The other night on our date Tim and I were challenged to buy each other a gift for under 2.00. We spread out through a pharmacy nd he cme up with a beach ball. He said it was to put in my suitcase so that I could play with Nate when we go. It is such a blessing to know he is healthy enough to play. I have tucked it into the bag with his stuffed corduroy bear and his photo album.

A second blessing today was Zachary. He rode his bike without training wheels for the first time. He was so excited. We cheered him on as he wove all over the street. When he triumphantly came in the house he was only worried about one thing. He wanted to be sure we saved his training wheels. He had to see where I put them. I told him he did fine and wouldn't need them, but he said,"We need to save them for Nate. He is just little." it was funny how his big moment turned into concern for the brother he never met. Even Jack offered his lawn mowing money the other day. Jack wanted to get a wagon so he could pull Nate and Zachary around the neighborhood.Pretty impressive for a 15 year old boy. Sometimes I get so into how I feel about this, that I forget how much his siblings love him already too.

No comments:

Post a Comment