Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Picture Changes it All

I would seem that things are moving along. I got our home study yesterday, I filed with USCIS today and tomorrow I will go to the capital, get some state seals and ship the whole thing off to translation. Through it all though, I find myself feeling frustrated. I keep emailing the orphanage director and our coordinator to try to schedule a visit with Nate and I can't seem to get an answer. The closest thing I get is,"we will play it by ear."it turns out there are other folks who need to travel too and trying to get things arranged is not always easy. I get all that logically, but my emotional side is maybe not as rational. I just want to see my baby. To make matters worse, I have worked a lot in the last two weeks. We are short right now so I have worked a lot on little sleep and maybe am a bit more irrational than normal. Lol!

So, today I was working at the front of the trauma center screening patients. It is a nice easy shift before I embark on a much needed 5 days off. As I am flipping through my email inotice a link from someone I had not met who belongs to the group we are working with for Nate. She had just returned from Haiti a couple weeks ago and had posted all of her photos. This is not an unusual type of email, but what made this different was all the photos were of the children in the orphanage. There he was, Nate! Smiling, playing with bubbles, laughing. He was ok. He even had a haircut since I saw his picture last. The best thing was they had a picture of him, arms stretched wide, smiling looking like he just wanted me to pick him up and laugh. It made my day. Somehow, I had forgotten that God does see my frustration. He sees how hard the waiting is and he sent someone I had never met to show me Nate is healthy, happy and waiting for us with open arms.

I was so moved I emailed said stranger. I told her how much her photos meant to me. She immediately answered me. She couldn't exactly remember which child was Nate. She wanted me to label the photo because she would probably have some stories to tell about him when she figured out which one he was. There are about 12 children there, so I understand how easy ot would be to have them confused. Again, I was reminded of God's grace. Why would this stranger go to all the trouble of decoding who this was just to be able to give me something to hold on to? Most people would have just said,"you are welcome" or "he's cute". Instead, she wanted to give me more. She also wanted to hear where we were at in the process and I believe she may be adopting too. God shows up again. Today I got not only a picture but a great supporter and a direct link to Nate. Just what I needed in a time of frustration. I can't wait to hear back from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment