Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Good Surprise

Yesterday, I was a bit on edge. Shocking, I know. The thing is international adoption is chock full of uncertainty. The inability to have any real control over anything. Take today for example. At this moment, all of the documents I spent two solid months compiling are sitting in a priority mail envelope hopefully on the coffee table of our translator. I have not heard from him, so of course, I have that worry. Yet another pack of documents is in another priority mail envelope at the USCIS office in Texas. I am hoping that this is soon to be processed, but again, powerless. Then, my biggest worry...when do I get to meet my amazing Nate?

Then, a surprise. I got an email from my coordinator with an attached email from another mom. She is awaiting her adoption too. She got word her baby is sick and is anxious to go. She wanted to know if anyone was going to Haiti soon. She didn't want to go alone. So, we are picking dates in August. My coordinator remarked on how neat it was to see how God brings families together. As the day marched on I realized how true that was. As the other mom and I talked back and forth it turned out we had a lot in common. She is excited to show me Haiti and she hopes I can help her with her baby's medical needs.

It just seems that the more we travel through this process, the more facets come into focus, and for the second time I began to think that my original thought of just a blessing for me, a baby, was so small in God's plan. I was overwhelmed by Nate's mom, now by the job I have been given as medical advisor to a baby that isn't mine. I only hope I can do it justice. I guess I will have to pray on that a bit. But still....am making plans to see Nate!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment