Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Papers...papers...

Ah yes, we are getting quite friendly with Fedex. Yesterday our documents arrived safe and sound from translation. I spent last night assembling the documents that need to go to the Haitian Consulate and they went winging their way there today. Tyne person I spoke with there last week told me they would be back in a week. So, hopefully this time next week, they will go off to Haiti. In the meantime the beat goes on in the Summers' house. Today, the boys competed in their first day of trampoline and tumbling nationals which just so happen to be located here locally this year. Zachary competed in his first nationals event, tumbling, and got a trophy for third place that is a big as he is! Jack flew through his double mini prelims and tomorrow will compete in the finals. I missed it because I had to work, but my wonderful 17 year old daughter videoed all the action for me. I couldn't help but to think about what this day would be like for Nate. Would he think his oldest brother flying through the air flipping was amazing? Would he like to watch Zachary on the podium? Would he cheer with me? Hopefully, next year we will find out.

When I got home from work, all three kids piled on to Zachary's bed to excitedly tell me about threat as I tucked him in. Katya told me about taking her baby brother to the mall next to the venue to buy him a stuffed angry bird, his favorite game. Jack shared about his trip to Starbucks and Zachary told me about his tumbling. I sat and marveled at how e green of them had functioned today, such a fun time. I thought about how different they all are, but together, they are this amazing unit that I am very proud of. I was able to look at the one corner of the bed that didn't have a kid. Nate's spot. It didn't make me sad though. Listening to the rowdy discussion it made me excited to hear what Nate might say. Yes, we are in for quite a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment